Thursday, July 22, 2010

With My Little Eye I Spy SPI



Over the Fourth of July weekend, our little family made a circuit to see both my family and Jeremy's. Our first stop was in the piney woods of East Texas visiting my family. We enjoyed pool time, hanging out with the fam and, of course, eating. If there is one thing my family knows how to do, that is eat! My mother loves to fill and empty plate and she loves a healthy eater (aka Jeremy and William.) I am ashamed as a mother to tell you what I permitted William to be fed. He had copious amounts of fruit. He had a cup of vanilla ice cream, a Drumstick (sans the nuts), pancakes, donuts and I can't even remember what all else. Oh well, what are grandparents for but to spoil and ruin appetites.


On the Monday following, we drove down to SPI (South Padre Island) to spend some time with Jeremy's parents and our niece and nephew, Kendall and Kolton. Again, a good time was had by all. Photos are attached for your viewing pleasure. If you're a Facebook friend, you've already seen them..






But seriously, can I ask you a question? Do you find my use of 'SPI' annoying? To be honest, I am a bit amused/curious about folks who have stickers on the back of their car of the places they've been or bands they love (Jeremy) that only have the initials of the thing. Do people put those stickers on their cars thinking that everyone knows what they mean or is it like an undercover fanship (word? if not, I'm making it one. Kinda like worship but not quite as devout and definitely doesn't qualify as breaking one of the big 10.) Is it their way of saying,
I really like this place, this thing, or this band (Jeremy) and I want to shout it to the world but only if no one really knows what I'm talking about? Or, maybe its their way of secretly connecting with other fans. They think to themselves as they interpret the secret code "I'm so cool because not only do I also fanship this thing, but I know you fanship it too."


(this is an example in case you didn't know what I was talking about...)

Oh well, that's just another one of life's mysteries. Probably won't be taking that one to heaven with me though. Its just not that serious. I'll be saving my questions for the BIG mysteries like "What happened to the dinosaurs anyway?"

No comments:

Post a Comment